Monday, May 21, 2007

DAYS AFTER MY OP


I managed to get home and I laid down. I took a couple of my pain medications but I wasn't hurting much at all. I really didn't need the medications, but I took one of each
that night and the next couple of days. What was uncomfortable was that my throat was scratchy due to the tube. I took about 3 to 4 days for my throat to feel better but
I ate lots and lots of Popsicles and that made my throat feel much better. I almost felt as if I have a sore throat.  Anyway, pain-wise it was very tolerable. I really didn't
need much pain medication at all.  I was able to walk around that night.

One thing that  I need to let anyone know is that pain medications makes you CONSTIPATED!!!!   That is very uncomfortable. That was the worse!!!
I mean, it just stops for days. Absolutely nothing. After the third day I was very concerned and I had my husband to get some medications that would make me go...
and it did but I had the urge but nothing came out... Needless to say, straining and beginning to become very upset (near panicking), I contacted the pharmacist to ask why I took
the medication to have a bowel movement but nothing came out. You can feel it being pushed to the end of your colon, but not coming out. Which was very uncomfortable.
I was then told that I need a stool softener. After I took that, it took a little while I was able to go and I felt much better.

Note: Don't buy the cheap laxative. I did and it takes a really long time to work. The pharmacist told me to duculax laxative and a stool softener. It should start working within ten minutes.

No comments: