Wednesday, May 23, 2007

My Laproscopy Stitches


One thing about the laproscopy that I had. When the doctor says to take 5 days off.. Do so!

I felt better (except for the sore throat) after a couple of days and I was able to sit up and walk around ok.  My husband told me to wait to return to work until the doctor told me to and I really kind
of thought it was excessive (I was ready to go back to work - I felt great!) until I went to work the first day.  Urrrrrrrrrg!  It was very difficult to sit up straight for long periods over a computer. My doctor cut me in four spots - on the bikini line, one slit on each hip maybe less than a inch across and one in my navel.

He complete split my belly button and now I don't have one any longer. (There goes my belly ring!)  Anyway, It felt like something was pulling on my stomach and it made it hurt until I almost had to
lay down in my chair.  That went on for about a week or so. When I would go home I went straight my bed every night to lay down.

My stitches took about 2 months to come out!

Go figure that one!

I would clean my skin and take a shower but the stitches, I guess wasn't ready because one day I looked down and it was gone.  My doctor told me that they would fall out.  I guess I should of had faith. But you when you are at work, everyone has a story. "My stitches came out in a week, mine came out in a couple of days....what is wrong with you, maybe you should call your doc!"  I called the doc and
they told me that they would be able to take them out if I needed them to but I decided to wait. It was not that big of a deal.

My stitches came out neatly, and the skin is flat again (what I mean by that is when I first had my stitches when you rubbed your finger across it, it felt like a bump, the doctor said that would go away and it did) and it healed nicely.

The skin around my cut is dark though. I wonder if that will lighten up in time.

One thing for sure, I notice a change in my period almost immediately.  I was a slave to pain meds during that time and I now I can have a period without all the pain and being so doped up.

So if nothing else happens, I do have that immediate benefit.

No comments: