Thursday, July 26, 2007


Ok.. I have been taking clomid for 5 days and I stopped after the last dosage. I went to my doctors office and i had an ultrasound..
This is what an ultrasound is like.. They take this long tube with a plastic covering over it.. and they stick it up between your legs to your uterus. I reminds me of a papsmear. It doesn't hurt.. just a little uncomfortable.

Anyway, he looked at my uterus and said it looked good. Then looked at one ovary and found 1 follical - he said it is 18.. (whatever that means), then he looked at the other ovary and saw multiple follicals, 10, 13, 13, 13 - so I have 5 mature follicals ready to produce an egg..  Once I take this Gonadotropin, it should cause ovulation - and I should release 5 eggs....

YIKES!!!!

Anyway, I have to take an injection of novarel in the upper part of my buttocks.. near my hip.. This is Chorionic Gonadotropin..

I always make it a practice to look up meds before I take them.  here is some info about it...

I take my ICI on Monday.. he said that he wanted to wait a couple of days.. I guess this means that it will get bigger...possibly..

just guessing..
 

hCG is extensively used as a parenteral fertility medication in lieu of luteinizing hormone. In the presence of one or more mature ovarian follicles, ovulation can be triggered by the administration of hCG. As ovulation will happen about 40-45 hours after the injection of hCG, procedures can be scheduled to take advantage of this time sequence. Thus, patients who undergo IVF, typically receive hCG to trigger the ovulation process, but have their eggs retrieved at about 36 hours after injection, a few hours before the eggs actually would be released from the ovary.

As hCG supports the corpus luteum, administration of hCG is used in certain circumstances to enhance the production of progesterone.

In the male, hCG injections are used to stimulate the leydig cells to synthesize testosterone. The intratesticular testosterone is necessary for spermatogenesis from the sertoli cells. Typical indications for hCG in men include hypogonadism and fertility treatment

No comments: