Monday, August 13, 2007

My FIRST IUI


That monday I had my first IUI. They washed the sperm and I went to my doctor's office.  He put me in stirrups and then had a little tube where he injected it into me. It took only about 15 minutes.
I had to lay on the table for about 10 minutes and I went back to work. I cramped and cramped at work. I called my doctor to ask if I can take something for the pain and he said Tyenol. So I took that.   The next week he wanted me to take a blood test - about seven days after that to test for projesterone levels. Having high projesterone allows for a good place for a embryo to begin growing.  When you have a period you projesterone drops and the lining goes away.  So she gave me a test and if it was too low then I needed to take those tablets. Anyway,
she called in the meds and I began taking the tablets. VAGINALLY... That means I had to take my finger and push the tablet up in my vaginal area and go to sleep. I did that every night.

I was scared at first to take the pills because I went to webmd and they had all the symptoms and things that could possible go wrong.. It scared me quite a bit. But I braced myself and took it anyway.

It costed about 11.00 at the pharmacy.

Total cost of this procedure - about 1500.00

No comments: