Wednesday, August 29, 2007

ON the road to Baby


My took a long time to start my period and I took clomid for 5 days again.. This time when I went in for an ultrasound, they took a sample of blood and checked my estrogen levels.
I was called last night and the said that it looked good.

He checked for the follicals and this time he said "WOW! That was fast, I see one that is 26"  - I am assuming that is the size.. a measurement. He saw 18,18, 18, 16, 10... I believe. So it is about 5 follicals again.

Then he told me to take the Gonadotropin injection at 10:00 p.m. that night.. Remember the last time he wanted me to wait for a couple of days but this time... it was much quicker.

So, had to do the injection myself, which I was kind of concerned.

When I did the injection ...

I had to take a bigger needle and inject it into the water.. take out 1cc and then put that 1 cc into the other bottle with the powder. I mixed it up and changed the needles to a smaller one. Then I took
the bottle that has the mixture in it and turned it upside down and stuck the needle in - to draw out the liquid. I had to make sure that there was no bubbles and I got out everything.. Then I injected myself.

On tv when you see people (drug addicts....usually) thump the needle with the liquid in it.. it is to clear out any bubbles.. to break them up.

I injected that into the "fatty" part of my hip and then I pulled it out.

This was Monday - 8/27... I had my IUI today..

No comments: